The Gonit IshChool Project - Beta FE Class

Discussion on Bangladesh National Math Camp
Zawadx
The Gonit IshChool Project - Beta FE Class

Unread post by Zawadx » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Greetings people! Since a LOT of people signed up, we're gonna try to have a public class and see if it'll work. Don't worry, I'll make multiple classes to accommodate people's time schedule.

People in this class:
  1. Ittihad
  2. Raiyan
  3. nahin
  4. Rashku
  5. Lazim
  6. dshasan
  7. Epshita
  8. Fardin
To start, I'm gonna ask you two things. First, how often will you be able to respond to lessons? i.e. If I give everyone a problem to try and solve, how long do you want before a solution is expected (24 hours, 48 hours, twice a week)? Alternatively, tell me how much time throughout the week you'll be able to dedicate to this.

Secondly, tell me about your past experience with F.E.s. Are there any of the following that you can solve?
  1. Find all functions $f: \mathbb{R} \rightarrow \mathbb{R}$ such that $f(x^2 + y) = f(x^{27} + 2y) + f(x^4)$
  2. Find all functions $f: \mathbb{R} \rightarrow \mathbb{R}$ such that $f(x^2 - y^2) = xf(x) - yf(y)$
  3. Find all functions $f: \mathbb{R}^+ \rightarrow \mathbb{R}^+$ such that $(z + 1)f(x + y) = f(xf(z) + y) + f(yf(z) + x)$
We'll use this thread for posting solutions and insights, so that others can look over it (and so that we can keep everything organized). For real-time discussion, we'll use Telegram. If you haven't already, plase make a telegram account!

ahmedittihad

Re: The Gonit IshChool Project - Beta FE Class

Unread post by ahmedittihad » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:00 pm

I will be able to dedicate 12 hours a week to this.
I believe I know the very basics. But not more. I am a novice in solving strategy in FE. As for the problems, I did 1 and 2. Progressed very little with 3.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

dshasan

Unread post by dshasan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:48 pm

I will be able to dedicate10 hours per week. My term exam is starting from 9 April. Maybe I wont be able to dedicate 9-10 hours for FE class then but I will try my best to keep it around 6-7 hours.
As for FE, I know very little. The only experience I had with FE was during the camp in Adib bhai's class.
The study of mathematics, like the Nile, begins in minuteness but ends in magnificence.

- Charles Caleb Colton

Epshita32

Unread post by Epshita32 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:17 pm

I will be able to dedicate 10-12 hours per week.
My level in FE is next to nothing.
Like dshasan, the only experience I have of FE is Adib vaiya's class in camp too.

TashkiManda

Unread post by TashkiManda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:08 am

How often will you be able to respond to lessons?
- Everyday after 8 pm
How long do you want before a solution is expected?
- 24 hours
Tell me how much time throughout the week you'll be able to dedicate to this.
- I think I will be able to dedicate 14-15 hours per week.
Tell me about your past experience with F.E.s.
- My past experience with FE - it was just horrible! :cry:
Are there any of the following that you can solve?
- First one
Last edited by TashkiManda on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someone

Unread post by Someone » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm

I should be able to devote 7-10 hours to it per week.My final exams are starting on May and I will probably not be able to give so much time then but I will try to give, maybe, 4-5 hours per week, mostly during the weekends at that time.My experience with FE is pitifully limited, with the only experience coming from Adib Vai's class akin to some others in the group.

nahin munkar

Unread post by nahin munkar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:11 pm

I will be able to devote 10-12 hours per week. My tutorial exam will start on 5 April. So for that exam & practical pressure, I won't be able to give much time now-a-days . I know just the basics of FE. My experience of FE is thanic & Adib vai's class. :)
# Mathematicians stand on each other's shoulders. ~ Carl Friedrich Gauss

Raiyan Jamil

Unread post by Raiyan Jamil » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Same as Nahin, my tutorial xm will also start in 5 April. Usually will be able to give 10-12 hrs a week but not much during the xms. Nd ik basics of FE. Experience? almost 0 maybe.
A smile is the best way to get through a tough situation, even if it's a fake smile.

Ananya Promi

Unread post by Ananya Promi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:31 pm

I will be able to dedicate about 10 hours per week.
My experience is Adib vai's class.