Father of Physics

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
nafistiham
Re: Father of Physics

Unread post by nafistiham » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Prosenjit Basak wrote:The modern physics started with Newton.So in my opinion we can say Newton the father of physics.
I believe you are talking about the classic physics, not modern.
\[\sum_{k=0}^{n-1}e^{\frac{2 \pi i k}{n}}=0\]
Using $L^AT_EX$ and following the rules of the forum are very easy but really important, too.Please co-operate.
Introduction:
Nafis Tiham
CSE Dept. SUST -HSC 14'
http://www.facebook.com/nafistiham
nafistiham@gmail

Perseus n Harry
Location:Mymensingh,Bangladesh,The Earth,Solar system,Milkyway,Universe and third dimension(l think)

Unread post by Perseus n Harry » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Um....I think the father of physics is Archemedes . Because as far as I know in the Greek vs. Romans war he created the models and ideas of how to make weapons that are heavily related with formulas of physics .

Mozibur Ullah

Unread post by Mozibur Ullah » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Feynman wrote in one of his books that the most important idea in Physics is that of atoms. In that case Democritus, in Greece 500BC gets my vote as being the father of Physics, 'cos he invented atoms. (So did the Indian Buddhists & Jains, but their theories didn't lead to Physics as we know it).

Mozibur Ullah

Unread post by Mozibur Ullah » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:04 pm

I tend to think of Archemedes as the father of engineering rather than physics per se. But of course they influence each other - you can't do experiments without engineering them.