Guide to mafia:
That's when the mafia come in. The Mafia are a minority of players who know each other's identity. Their job is to eliminate all the other players using deception and nightkills. They interact with the town during the day, trying to mislead them away from lynching any mafia members. And when night falls, Mafia discusses in secret and chooses a person to kill (termed as nightkill). Also during the night the civilians use their roles. The two most noteworthy roles that are usually included in some form are the cop, who investigates other players to find their allegiance, and the medic, who can protect a specific player from any nightkills for that night.
The Civilians win when whenever they manage to eliminate all the Mafia members. And Mafia wins when their combined Voting Power is enough to control the vote entirely, i.e. if all Mafia members vote on the same Civilian and all Civilians vote on a Mafia ember, the civilian will be lynched.
For more info, read this guide from mafiascum wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... e_to_Mafia
2. You are not allowed to edit or remove your post. Instead, EBWOP will take effect. This means you must post again with the correct fixes.
3. Directly quoting or providing proof in any way of any PM sent by the host will result in an instant modkill and referral to the FGO.
4. You are not allowed to directly quote any PM sent by another player, unless you are quoting it to a fellow mafia member confirmed by the host.
5. You are not allowed to request to be modkilled in the thread. If you PM the host requesting to be modkilled, the host must find a substitute or modkill you at the end of the phase.
6. All players' actions should be primarily motivated by winning the game. Throwing the game or outing your teammates for no strategic value is not allowed.
7. The host has the final say in any dispute. Do not impersonate the host.
8. Any flaming/trolling will not be tolerated.
9. Players' actions should be motivated by this game's events solely. You may look at past mafias to determine behaviors for better reads, but keep personal affairs out of the game.
10. Anything said within the context of the game, including promises, bets, etc, stays within the game. Players can lie, deceive, and manipulate, (but not cheat) in any way they like. Slander within the context of the game is usually not meant as a personal offense.
11. Follow all site rules. Play to your win condition but above all play to have fun. Do not ruin the game for others.
Breaking any of the above rules may result in a modkill as determined by the host, or a ban from future mafias or forum games in general as determined by the Forum Game Organizer. (Yes I'm creating that title for myself)
Once signups are over, I will send a PM to each player telling them their role in the game. This PM will have all you need to know, don't worry. And don't reveal the role information to anyone outside the game!
The game will be played by discussing in this thread. During the day phase, you may post in this thread and talk about whatever you want, and try to hunt out who may be Mafia. Please don't discuss outside the thread, as then people might be left out of the conversation. Once you're ready to vote on someone, you can do so in the following format:
Code: Select all
Once a person has a majority of the votes, the day ends and that person will be killed (lynched). Otherwise, 48 hours after the beginning of the day phase, it will end and the person with most votes will be lynched. That will begin the night phase.
During the night phase, you may NOT post in this thread. Mafia, and people with activated roles, may send me their actions through PM.
Ask me if you're confused about anything!
Some final things to note:
[*]An active game is a fun game. Be active and post as much as you can and interact with the other players.[/b]
[*]Don't be afraid to make mistakes! It's perfectly okay and is in fact expected. Making mistakes is the best way to learn and rapidly improve at forum mafia.
[*]Mafia can sometimes be a bit heated and you might feel attacked. This is a natural part of the game. As long as you confine your attacks to someone's PLAY and not to the person at the keyboard, you are within the bounds. [*]If you find yourself frustrated, it's not only acceptable but I would argue it's a great idea to get up and go do something else and come back calm.
[*]Mislynches are probably going to happen. Perfect games are rare. Don't be afraid to follow your convictions, and don't be discouraged if the results aren't perfect.
*If you are still interested after 9 people have signed up, post here/PM me and I'll keep you as a substitute. If initial interest is very high, we may have a game with more than 9 players. Also, PM me if you're interested in being a spectator for the game (then you'll get to know who has which role).