HTML tag, BBcode and Faster Web Site Preview

Have any question, suggestion, or problem with this site? Post it here.
rakeen
HTML tag, BBcode and Faster Web Site Preview

Unread post by rakeen » Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Why cant I use html tag in this forum. like <b> my text </b> should turn into my text
How ever there's some BBcodes. But one cant use all of them in this forum. why not? ;) :shock: :?: :geek:

Another thing is that is forum makes me sometimes feel boring. If I want to delete a msg...then I've to click 'delete this msg' then it redirects to another page which asks "R u sure? :x ". This confirmation can be used through pop up window as loading another page kills enormous time. again, one has to load another page to edit a topic FULLY. this feature can be turned like the "quick reply' one.

oh! another thing. but its OFF TOPIC. i can see latex in this forum as FONTS after configuring it. but, in aops I cant see anything as "jsMath". and the latex appears as images. what can I do :roll: :arrow:
funny isnt it? Im asking hlp on aops in bdmo! :oops: :mrgreen:
and How can I write some thing in the HIDE command box? like: the box would read 'solution'(instead of 'show'). and if some one clicks it the hidden thing will appear.
r@k€€/|/

Moon
Site Admin

Re: HTML tag, BBcode and Faster Web Site Preview

Unread post by Moon » Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm

HTML tags are disabled for simplicity, what BBcodes you don't get here? I think I enabled all the common BBcodes. (Ask more specifically, then I'll enable them)

Actually this is how this forum will work. This is not facebook, and will never be a facebook.

AOPS renders LaTeX as image, this site uses jsMath to render equations with the help of the fonts.

I'll enable that kind of show-hide bbtags in future, currently the show-hide seems to work nice.
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

rakeen

Re: HTML tag, BBcode and Faster Web Site Preview

Unread post by rakeen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:13 pm

bad AoPS :D but you didn't got the "hide" one. if we use hide option, it will appear as a command button, whose caption is "Show". If you click on that command button naming 'show' the hidden text will appear. I was thinking that if I could change the "caption" naming "show" to another thing.
r@k€€/|/