Some suggestions from me

Have any question, suggestion, or problem with this site? Post it here.
Masum
Some suggestions from me

Unread post by Masum » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:13 pm

I have some suggestion about the rules of this forum,hope it would help us.
$1.$When you are posting,choose a suitable title for this so that if anyone search for any topic related to that,he will get this easily and users can have an idea about the problem at the first sight.
$2.$If you find any faults(except the solution) with a user,it is better to pm him rather than to give a public post.Because at this that user may get ashamed or have anger on you.
$3.$If you find some new theorems or any ideas or new words unknown to you-about that you need help,first search in google before posting or asking help to someone.At this you will learn much more than you could from other's help.
$4.$If you find any problems with using LateX or face any problem(for example anyone seeming to attack you),contact with the moderators(specially by pm).
Last edited by Masum on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
One one thing is neutral in the universe, that is $0$.

Zzzz

Re: Some suggestions from me

Unread post by Zzzz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Nice ! I agree.
Every logical solution to a problem has its own beauty.
(Important: Please make sure that you have read about the Rules, Posting Permissions and Forum Language)

Moon
Site Admin

Unread post by Moon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

$2.$ If you find any faults(except the solution) with a user,it is better to pm him rather than to give a public post.Because at this that user may get ashamed or have anger on you.
I don't really agree with this point, because there is nothing to be angry, we all are here to learn. So there is not room for such behavior. However, I'd suggest people to remark politely if they find some mistake. Please don't say something like "oh...you are a stupid, I am so smart". We shall never approve these type of attitude.

But I like your other points. :) Why don't you use this post in your signature, so that people may know what to do.
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

Moon
Site Admin

Unread post by Moon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 pm

Specially point 1, is absolutely necessary. I have decided that I won't answer people who do not post with appropriate topic and use common sense. Why should someone post with something like "div mo prob", "BdMO prob"??...we already know that because you have posted in that forum. Rather write, find $x$. prove $\angle ABC=\pi/2$ etc.

Common sense is so uncommon these days. :(
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

kamrul2010

Unread post by kamrul2010 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Moon wrote:Common sense is so uncommon these days. :(

Common Sense is that kind of sense which is very uncommon to the common people!! ;)
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Masum

Unread post by Masum » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 am

Thanks to you all for agreements and comments and to Moon for suggesting the use of signature,but I said about anger jokingly :)

Masum

Unread post by Masum » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 am

Adding one more:Write solved or proposed if you could solve the topic you are going to post,unsolved if you couldn't.Because at different times the users may ask you post the solution of the problem and you can help them if it was solved.