Brain Teaser :D

For students of class 6-8 (age 12 to 14)
Asif Hossain
Brain Teaser :D

Unread post by Asif Hossain » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:13 pm

A bear starting from the point P, walked one mile due south. Then he changed direction and walked one mile due north, and arrived exactly at the point P that he started from.What was the color of the bear?
Hmm..Hammer...Treat everything as nail

Mehrab4226

Re: Brain Teaser :D

Unread post by Mehrab4226 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:38 pm

Asif Hossain wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:13 pm
A bear starting from the point P, walked one mile due south. Then he changed direction and walked one mile due north, and arrived exactly at the point P that he started from.What was the color of the bear?
I am not sure what is the color of the bear but I will say something about the point $p$. If we take the south pole as centre and draw a circle or cut of a part of the sphere such that no point in that part has a distance more than 1 mile from the south pole we call that figure say $C$, Now the bear cannot start from any point inside the region $C$. As going south will not make sense if that was the case. But since there is no bear in the south pole I did not make any progress at all. Maybe the color of the bear is black, as the word bear was in black ink. Maybe ... Idk
The Mathematician does not study math because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
-Henri Poincaré