Some Conceptual Problems

For students of class 9-10 (age 14-16)
Rabeeb
Some Conceptual Problems

Unread post by Rabeeb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Anyone gotta help me with the following terms?
1) n-tuples
2) parameters
3) binary operations, groups, rings and fields

Phlembac Adib Hasan

Re: Some Conceptual Problems

Unread post by Phlembac Adib Hasan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Rabeeb wrote:Anyone gotta help me with the following terms?
1) n-tuples
2) parameters
3) binary operations, groups, rings and fields
For 1, See this or for large discussion, see this.

For 2, I am not sure about what you are pointing. Commonly, parameter refers to that thing which contributes in creating a particular system or function. (Not only mathematical, it's about all sort of things.) In other words, in some particular system a thing is called a parameter (or a factor) on which the identity or properties of that system depends. Any change of that thing effects on the whole system. For example, sun is a parameter in the living system of the earth. If the sun shines more or less than the normal, then it will effect on every living thing of earth.

Binary Operation: Let $A$ be a non-empty set. A mapping $\Psi$ will be called a binary operation on $A$ if for any two elements $a,b$ of $A$ (Not necessarily distinct), $\Psi (a,b)\in A$.

For group, see the wiki article. (যদিও বেশি হাবিজাবি) আর শুধু গ্রুপের ডেফিনিশন জানতে চাইলে Elementary N.T.-র পরিশিষ্ট দেখ। মুন ভাই একটা আর্টিকেল লিখসিল, কিন্তু কই রাখছে আমার মনে নাই।

রিং থিয়োরি, ফিন্ড অলিম্পিয়াডে তেমন লাগে না, মানে আমার জীবনেও লাগে নাই। আমার পড়ে মজা লাগসে তাই পড়সি, এখন তুমি ভেবে দেখ কী করবে। একটা আর্টিকেল দিয়ে দিচ্ছি।
Attachments
Arithmatic in extension of Q.pdf
(76.51KiB)Downloaded 200 times
Welcome to BdMO Online Forum. Check out Forum Guides & Rules