Geometry book recommendation

For discussing Olympiad level Geometry Problems
mutasimmim
Geometry book recommendation

Unread post by mutasimmim » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Currently I am studying 'Episodes In Nineteenth And Twentieth Century Euclidean Geometry' by honsberger. I also partially read Plane Euclidean Geometry from UKMT. I still feel that I should study more theory on Euclidean Geometry. What books would you recommend for more advanced and detailed theory on euclidean geometry? I don't mind if its too challenging. I have College Geometry by Court.But It did't kind of 'suit' me, I am looking for something more ' not elementary'.

sowmitra

Re: Geometry book recommendation

Unread post by sowmitra » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Well, there's always "GEOMETRY REVISITED". But, if web-resources work for you, then,
:arrow: Forum Geometricorum: A geometry journal which covers many topics on the recent developments of Euclidean Geometry.
:arrow: Cut-The-Knot: A website with a very rich Geometry Section. It features many articles on Geometry theorems & their applications.
I hope these will help... :)
"Rhythm is mathematics of the sub-conscious."
Some-Angle Related Problems;

Rachel R. Fields

Re: Geometry book recommendation

Unread post by Rachel R. Fields » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:42 pm

I know there are many varieties of Geometry Books available in the market for one to learn Geometry. But the most popular one or the one that has the largest number of users in my country is Tutor in a Book’s Geometry by a noted Jo Greig. We all believe it is the widest used textbook in the world for this purpose.

Tutor in a Book’s Geometry is one of the best tutoring books that walks through each problems step by step and provides with many opportunities to practice each skill. It is well-organized by topic, and beyond thorough in its discussion of each item. the margins are filled with hand-written notes and diagrams showing key ideas, shortcuts, common mistakes to avoid, and explanations. The examples are helpful, clear, concise. It provided a clear explanation of the many theorems and definitions that go along with geometry. This book is a must have for those who either need to learn Geometry or refresh their geometrical skills in a quick way.