Magnetic Field

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
Asif Hossain
Magnetic Field

Unread post by Asif Hossain » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:35 am

What is the intuition of magnetic field and also how it is created?
Hmm..Hammer...Treat everything as nail

Anindya Biswas

Re: Magnetic Field

Unread post by Anindya Biswas » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 pm

My intuition of magnetic field is equivalent to gravitational acceleration, their roles are kinda similar in each context.
"If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is."
John von Neumann

Asif Hossain

Unread post by Asif Hossain » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:30 pm

Please explain (how can acceleration compared to force ? and magnetic field is created by moving charge but it has also another field perpendicular to it which is the electric field but a falling object cannot have two forces working at the same time whereas a moving charge can)
Hmm..Hammer...Treat everything as nail

emeryhen121

Unread post by emeryhen121 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Honestly, The way that it is explained in university physics courses is probably the only correct or intuitive way. My intuition tells me that the physically significant vector should be parallel to the motion, or perhaps along the path from the particle to the impact location, or even a mix of those directions. As a result, you're left with a plane of probable routes that match your intuition. The cross product of the other moving particle's velocity and the magnetic field, multiplied by certain constants, yields the magnetic acceleration of the other moving particle. The field is always at right angles to the cross product. As a result, consider the magnetic field to be the direction along which the force cannot occur.

talleychan

Unread post by talleychan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Magnetic field, in my opinion, is analogous to gravitational acceleration; their functions are comparable in each case. 2 player games

shara123

Unread post by shara123 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:58 am

Magnetic field is a fundamental part of the universe. It can be found in planets, stars, and even our own bodies. It surrounds all objects in the universe and subway surfers is created by moving electric charges. There are two types of magnetic fields: permanent and transient. Permanent magnetic fields are like lines of voltage that are always moving through space.