sea current

Discuss Physics and Physics Olympiad related problems here
photon
sea current

Unread post by photon » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I went to cox bazar recently and some Q.s grew in my curious mind.they are here-
1.why sea current comes with so much force?i guessed about pascal's theory.what is it actually????
2.why there is so much BALI in beaches?????
3.why water comes and go like that?in a canal or river we don't see water like coming and going.why water does like that in sea????
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.-Albert Einstein

Abid

Re: sea current

Unread post by Abid » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm

A.T.T.Q.N.- 1
I don't know

A.T.T.Q.N.- 2
I don't know

and A.T.T.Q.N.- 3
I don't know

:lol: ;)

Moon
Site Admin

Unread post by Moon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Abid as you are a new member I am not deleting your reply. Probably I should warn you at first not to post anything that does not mean anything.

BTW as you're new it is not a problem, but be careful next time. :)
"Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry." -- Aleksandr Pushkin

Please install LaTeX fonts in your PC for better looking equations,
learn how to write equations, and don't forget to read Forum Guide and Rules.

leonardo shawon

Unread post by leonardo shawon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 am

years and years of erosion have
caused for rocks to crumble into
smaller and smaller pieces until it is
what many coastlines are made up of
today, sand

question 1. Im not sure. I guess its for the tide, wind.. And Pascals law works for Isolated space. { i guess isolated means abodha }
Ibtehaz Shawon
BRAC University.

long way to go .....

Abid

Unread post by Abid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, sorry. I'll be carefull next time.

leonardo shawon

Unread post by leonardo shawon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 am

water come and go in every where. In sea, the waves are huge enough to count. But its also available in ponds, canals.
Earth rotation is responsible to create this come and go...
Ibtehaz Shawon
BRAC University.

long way to go .....

Abhijeet Dutta

Unread post by Abhijeet Dutta » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 am

Sea is a part of an ocean more precisely
There are number of reasons of why there is so much force or waves we're familiar to see
main reason is the heat exchange I guess. See our planet absorbs heat at daytime from the Sun . As 7/10 of our surface is made up with water it plays a vital role in heat transition. How, you may ask??
See Sun heat causes the water to boil . As you know water is liquid and fluid. So it transfers the heat quite like the wind that generates its fluidity.
And do you know who causes the maximum Oxyzen supply in our atmosphere??
Its Phytoplankton who lives in the oceans and they also cause changes in the water temperature by their metabolic activity.
2.The Gravity is a vital cause. Moon and Sun have got huge impact on the seas with their gravitational pull.
You may have noticed there is ebb-tide and high tide phases which changes by time and see the height of the waves changes . ভরা কটাল ও মরা কটাল নামে ৯/১০ বা ৮ এ একটা টপিক ছিল ওটাতে ভাল ব্যাখ্যা আছে about the effect of Sun and Moon.
3.Earth's rotation. It has two kinds - in its own axis that is a main cause + annual that's also a factor in the case as orbiting it feels he gravity of many objects and Sun of course.
4.Air is also responsible to the cause as maximum air swirls over seas they cause strong force on the surface of water.
5.Our Planet's outermost part , the Crust is made of rocks .Its surface is divided into many plates called tactonic. And its core has melted iron and nickel. This cause its magnetic field and plays vital part on the outer parts too as Earths rotation cause their orientation shifting slightly . These plates aren't static they move very frequently but not that much always to cause you major threat except earthquake or TSUNAMI. And maximum moving plates are underwater and some deep oceans are seen to cause volcanic activity+ gas emission.
And many other reasons can also be responsible , amar mathai ar ashche na :( :P
Rivers don't have enough amount of water to cause this circular activity as they've their own property like meeting the sea giving the variety to it , causing flood and erosion ,having not too much depth and slith
Our sea has got so much sand because of the rockeyness of the place.
As you can see many hills in Cox may be many years ago there was rocks in the shore of the island and beneath the sea that caused this
Shout aloud scream aloud let me hear you go