How to run a website

Discuss Computer Science and Programming related problems

Moderators:Labib, bristy1588

Abdul Muntakim Rafi
How to run a website

Unread post by Abdul Muntakim Rafi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:19 pm

I have a question just for curiosity? How does this site work?
What do I have to do to make a site? (Note that I don't want to make a site :D )
Man himself is the master of his fate...

novice

Re: How to run a website

Unread post by novice » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:19 am

Just learn HTML and buy a domain ( or get a domain from a freehost. )
You make a webpage with html,javascript,php,css etc and upload them to a server. What is a server? Just a CPU that can respond to a request of sending a webpage to another computer. Meaning you can also use your CPU as a server.

HTML is not a programming languages not it requires any knowledge programming language or programming/algorithmic skill. HTML is just a way of showing how a bunch of text is to be displayed-quite like-when you post at this group you see options to Bold,Italics,Quote,URL right? What do they do? They just instruct how to show the text-HTML is EXACTLY like that.

There are indeed some web developers who does not know any programming language ( I know some of them-they actually do a lot of Freelancing Jobs! )

PHP is more like a programming language though =)

You can learn HTML from http://w3schools.com/ and http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/

novice

Unread post by novice » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 am

Also,if you learn HTML and CSS ( its for decorating/styling up the webpage ) and may be JavaScript ( its NOT java! its used to make your webpage more interactive ) and may be php-then why wont you make a website/webpage? How exactly will you learn if you dont make one? Its not something you can just learn from a book and be done with it!

rakeen

Unread post by rakeen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 am

you even dont have to learn html for making a simple wesite! there're lotza website which have user friendly platform to create websites for beginners.
r@k€€/|/

novice

Unread post by novice » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes you can do that too but what is the fun of doing something where everything is being done by someone/something else?

shayanjameel08

Unread post by shayanjameel08 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:23 am

Hi guyz let me know that how much does it cost to run a website based business?

emeryhen121

Unread post by emeryhen121 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:02 pm

Websites are complex systems because they are a cumulation of various systems. They are a collection of codes. These codes describe the format, layout and offerings of the page. A website is typically a collection of web pages, images and other elements that are linked together to form a document. A website can be made up of a single page or it could have thousands of pages.
Websites have their own languages and The most common coding language used to create web pages is HTML. HTML code is a programming language that allows a web developer to plan out a web page.