Do you believe in possibility of life in other galaxies?

For Astronomy lovers who would love to discuss about celestial objects.
bear77
Do you believe in possibility of life in other galaxies?

Unread post by bear77 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 pm

With over a hundred billion galaxies in the universe. It is hard for me to believe that there is not at least one other solar system with life. Especially, when some scientists claim that they have already found some exoplanets that can be like Earth.

Mehrab4226

Re: Do you believe in possibility of life in other galaxies?

Unread post by Mehrab4226 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 pm

bear77 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 pm
With over a hundred billion galaxies in the universe. It is hard for me to believe that there is not at least one other solar system with life. Especially, when some scientists claim that they have already found some exoplanets that can be like Earth.
Although it may seem very great to find aliens. But this is actually a bad thing, due to the great filter. Although there is the possibility of life beyond earth, but I deeply hope that there is no life beyond earth.
More info in a kurzgesagt video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URM
The Mathematician does not study math because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
-Henri Poincaré

bear77

Unread post by bear77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Mehrab4226 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:48 pm
bear77 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:40 pm
Although it may seem very great to find aliens. But this is actually a bad thing, due to the great filter. Although there is the possibility of life beyond earth, but I deeply hope that there is no life beyond earth.
More info in a kurzgesagt video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtOGPJ0URM
Actually, Scientists found recently an exoplanet that reminds Earth and there is a possibility that some forms of life can live there. I don`t expect that there lives something intelligent like human life though.

bear77

Unread post by bear77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm

But still, some scientists claim that this exoplanet Earth-alike planet. "Earth-Like Planet Found orbiting Proxima Centauri" by Al Paslow, published Sept.1, 2016; updated June 12, 2017, Mystic Sciences. Amazing detailed online article with artist illustration.

Mehrab4226

Unread post by Mehrab4226 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 pm

bear77 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm
But still, some scientists claim that this exoplanet Earth-alike planet. "Earth-Like Planet Found orbiting Proxima Centauri" by Al Paslow, published Sept.1, 2016; updated June 12, 2017, Mystic Sciences. Amazing detailed online article with artist illustration.
But it would be almost impossible to determine whether there is life on the planet with a telescope especially if there is no intelligent life.
The Mathematician does not study math because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
-Henri Poincaré

bear77

Unread post by bear77 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 pm

Mehrab4226 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:56 pm
bear77 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:29 pm
But it would be almost impossible to determine whether there is life on the planet with a telescope especially if there is no intelligent life.
Yeah, Personally, I tend to believe that some forms of live can live on some of these exoplanets that were discovered by scientists but I don`t expect that there live something intelligent like human life though.

bear77

Unread post by bear77 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm

With a telescope it`s impossible to detect forms of life from other galaxies. But such space missions like James Webb Space Telescope- the most expensive telescope ever or Ariel space telescope can give as a hint at the possibility of existence of other worlds. Both of the projects are aimed at searching for exoplanets amd possibility of other worlds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Web ... _Telescope
https://www.skyrora.com/blog/uk-space-news

Mehrab4226

Unread post by Mehrab4226 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:11 pm

bear77 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm
With a telescope it`s impossible to detect forms of life from other galaxies. But such space missions like James Webb Space Telescope- the most expensive telescope ever or Ariel space telescope can give as a hint at the possibility of existence of other worlds. Both of the projects are aimed at searching for exoplanets amd possibility of other worlds
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Web ... _Telescope
https://www.skyrora.com/blog/uk-space-news
A thing about life is that it needs a lot of special habitats for it to grow if we believe the theory of evolution that. On our Earth, at first, there is water, which is not true for all planets in the goldilocks zone although it may allow water to be liquid. Another thing about Earth, there is abundant water, which is also a very rare situation. The second thing I want to mention is that Earth's atmosphere not only gives us $O_2$ but also saves us from the harmful rays of the sun. This is also very rare, none of the planets in the solar system has that kind of atmosphere. There are many other things that may extinct all life on Earth but are not happening because the Earth is, the way it is(example: Earth's magnetic property). So I think it is near about impossible to find life in our galaxy or our local group. But if we find life in another galaxy in some way, the bad thing is we may never get to see them without a telescope.
-Henri Poincaré

bear77

Unread post by bear77 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Still, we`ve got a chance. We do not know what other galaxies hide from us. Let me remind you there are many of them. So the chance to find the second Earth is rather plausible.

Mehrab4226

Unread post by Mehrab4226 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:51 pm

bear77 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:18 pm
Still, we`ve got a chance. We do not know what other galaxies hide from us. Let me remind you there are many of them. So the chance to find the second Earth is rather plausible.
I am not saying there is no chance. But if we really want to do it, we first need to find a way to get out of our solar system.
-Henri Poincaré