Some problems of last year divisionals, I need help for

Forum rules
Please don't post problems (by starting a topic) in the "X: Solved" forums. Those forums are only for showcasing the problems for the convenience of the users. You can always post the problems in the main Divisional Math Olympiad forum. Later we shall move that topic with proper formatting, and post in the resource section.
SANZEED
Re: Some problems of last year divisionals, I need hel for

Unread post by SANZEED » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:06 pm

@Tiham vaia,the larger triangle $ABC$ is obtuse, and that means its circumcenter is outside. But we are not working on the circumcenter of $ABC$,rather on the circumcenter of $\triangle DEF$.
$\color{blue}{\textit{To}} \color{red}{\textit{ problems }} \color{blue}{\textit{I am encountering with-}} \color{green}{\textit{AVADA KEDAVRA!}}$

sowmitra

Unread post by sowmitra » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

I think there is a bug in the problem involving $"ababab"$... :?
"Rhythm is mathematics of the sub-conscious."
Some-Angle Related Problems;

SANZEED

Unread post by SANZEED » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

sowmitra wrote:I think there is a bug in the problem involving "$ababab$"... :?
I suppose you're right.
$\color{blue}{\textit{To}} \color{red}{\textit{ problems }} \color{blue}{\textit{I am encountering with-}} \color{green}{\textit{AVADA KEDAVRA!}}$

nafistiham

Unread post by nafistiham » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 am

SANZEED wrote:@Tiham vaia,the larger triangle $ABC$ is obtuse, and that means its circumcenter is outside. But we are not working on the circumcenter of $ABC$,rather on the circumcenter of $\triangle DEF$.
oops... you are right

and in the ababab problem, I have just copied from english. The bengali version says to find $a/b$
\[\sum_{k=0}^{n-1}e^{\frac{2 \pi i k}{n}}=0\]
Using $L^AT_EX$ and following the rules of the forum are very easy but really important, too.Please co-operate.
Introduction:
Nafis Tiham
CSE Dept. SUST -HSC 14'
http://www.facebook.com/nafistiham
nafistiham@gmail

sowmitra

Unread post by sowmitra » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:24 am

Here's what I think is wrong with the problem:
Let, $N=ababab$. Then,
\[\displaystyle N=ab\times10101=ab\times3\times7\times13\times37\]
So, $N$ has at least $4$ distinct primes in its factorization.

Again, $60$ cannot be expressed as a product of more than $4$ numbers (namely, $2\times2\times3\times5$). This means that there can't be more than $4$ primes in the factorization of $N$. Because, if there are, then, $60$ would be a product of $5$ or more numbers, each $\geq2$, which is impossible.

Therefore, $N$ has exactly $4$ primes in its factorization, which are : $3,7,13,37$.
Now, let,
\[\displaystyle N=p_1^{\alpha_1}\times p_2^{\alpha_2}\times p_3^{\alpha_3}\times p_4^{\alpha_4}, \text{where}, p_i\in \{3,7,13,37\}\]
So, no. of divisors of $N$, $\tau(n)=(\alpha_1+1)(\alpha_2+1)(\alpha_3+1)(\alpha_4+1)=2\times2\times3\times5$.
Equating, we get, $(\alpha_1,\alpha_2,\alpha_3,\alpha_4)=\{(2-1),(2-1),(3-1),(5-1)\}=\{1,1,2,4\}$
WLOG, assume that, $\alpha_1=1, \alpha_2=1, \alpha_3=2, \alpha_4=4$.

Therefore, $N=p_1^1\times p_1^1\times p_3^2\times p_4^4
\Rightarrow ab\times(3\cdot7\cdot13\cdot37)=(p_3\cdot p_4^3)\times(p_1\cdot p_2\cdot p_3\cdot p_4)$
Since,$p_1\times p_1\times p_3\times p_4= 3\times7\times13\times37$. So, we get, $ab=p_3\times p_4^3$.

Now, the least value of $ab$ is $3^3\times7=189$, which is not a two-digit number, and thus, a contradiction. :geek:
"Rhythm is mathematics of the sub-conscious."
Some-Angle Related Problems;

SANZEED

Unread post by SANZEED » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 am

Fahim Shahriar wrote:If $ababab$ is indicating a $6$ digit number, then it's surely wrong. If you multiply 60 different integers, you are not going to get such small number.
You are not multiplying $60$ integers here. Just $60$ divisors. And even $442368$has $60$ divisors.
And yes...Sowmitra vaia is right.That is the problem here I found.

Fahim Shahriar

Unread post by Fahim Shahriar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 am

@SANZEED. I could understand that just after submitting. That's why I removed that instantly in few seconds. But I wonder how you quoted that.

There was a bug in that question and also one still walking in my head. :(
Name: Fahim Shahriar Shakkhor
Notre Dame College

nafistiham

Unread post by nafistiham » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 am

More problems have arrived............

Dhaka Secondary 2012

$5.$There are some small stones in a box. Weight of each of the stones is an integer (in units of gram), weight of two different stones cannot be same. If you use them on one side of a scale, you can weigh any integer numbered weight upto $2012$. What is the weight of the heaviest stone in that box?

[This problem has been stated in another post in this forum. Still, I'm posting it. As far as I remember in বিনোদন গনিত by রমজান আলী সরকার, a general solution has been stated. Unfortunately, the book is not with me, now. I believe, you'll be able to solve it.]

$10.$ In the given diagram, both $ABC$ and $DBE$ are right triangles, $B$ being the right angle for both. They have hypotenuses of same length.$F$ is the midpoint of them both. $DE$ is perpendicular on $BC$. Area of $ABC$ is $\sqrt {3}$ times of $DEF$. Find $\angle BDE$.
90'=90'.png
The figure may not be as per scale
90'=90'.png (3.97KiB)Viewed 4935 times

$9.$ Consider a family of functions $f_{m}:N\cup \left \{ 0 \right \}\rightarrow N\cup \left \{ 0 \right \}$ that follows the relations:
$f_{m}(a+b)=f_{m}((f_{m}(a)+f_{m}(b)))$
$f_{m}(km)=0$
Here, $m$ is any positive integer apart from $1$. Find the number of elements in the range of the function $f_{2012}$ .

Solve these, and there are more.....
Last edited by sourav das on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited a typo
\[\sum_{k=0}^{n-1}e^{\frac{2 \pi i k}{n}}=0\]
Using $L^AT_EX$ and following the rules of the forum are very easy but really important, too.Please co-operate.
Introduction:
Nafis Tiham
CSE Dept. SUST -HSC 14'
http://www.facebook.com/nafistiham
nafistiham@gmail

protik

Unread post by protik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

nafistiham wrote:More problems have arrived............

Dhaka Secondary 2012

$10.$ In the given diagram, both $ABC$ and $DBE$ are right triangles, $B$ being the right angle for both. They have hypotenuses of same length. $DE$ is perpendicular on $BC$. Area of $ABC$ is $\sqrt 3$ times of $DEF$. Find $\angle BDE$.
Isn't F is the midpoint of AC and DE?

protik

Unread post by protik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 am

Assuming That $F$ is the midpoint. If We draw the circumcircle of $\triangle ABC$, $AC$ and $DE$ will be the Diameter of the circle. As $FE$ is perpendicular to $BC$, $\widehat {BE} = \widehat {EC} = \frac {\widehat {BC}}{2}$ . so, $\angle BAC=2 \cdot \angle BDE$.
$\frac {(AB \sin \angle BAC)}{(BD \sin \angle BDE)}=\sqrt {3}$. and $\frac {AB}{BD} = \frac {\cos \angle BAC}{\cos \angle BDE}$ .
If I didn't made any mistake from here we will get $\angle BDE=15 ^ {\circ}$.

Sorry for any typo and Latex(which I can't write well.) Please some one edit my latex if possible.
Last edited by sourav das on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: $LAT^{E}X_{E}D$