Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

For students upto class 5 (age upto 12)
User avatar
ahsaf
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 pm
Location: dhaka, bangladesh

Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by ahsaf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:30 pm

I am not able to solve the question. Please help me soon!

x is a two-digit positive number and y is a three digit positive number
The values of x and y is such that if x is added by y % and if y is subtracted by x %, the result will be the same
How many numbers can be replaced with x or y such that the above statement is true???


[[If I have any problem with my question , please let me know ; I will edit soon]]]
Men are born with the reason to help others.
But I realised they strive to become famous. :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
asif e elahi
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Sylhet,Bangladesh

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by asif e elahi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 pm

The condition gives us the equation $x+\frac{y}{100}=y-\frac{x}{100}$. Then prove that $x=99$.

User avatar
ahsaf
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 pm
Location: dhaka, bangladesh

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by ahsaf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:11 pm

I didn't understand why are we taking $99$ to prove the problem
Men are born with the reason to help others.
But I realised they strive to become famous. :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
asif e elahi
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 pm
Location: Sylhet,Bangladesh

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by asif e elahi » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:29 pm

ahsaf wrote:I didn't understand why are we taking $99$ to prove the problem
Because $x$ has the only value $99$.

User avatar
M. M. Fahad Joy
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm
Location: Bhulta, Rupganj, Narayanganj
Contact:

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by M. M. Fahad Joy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

Solve.
X = 99 and Y = 100
Because,
x*y% = 99*100% = 99 and y*x% = 100*99% = 99
You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.

User avatar
samiul_samin
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by samiul_samin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 pm

M. M. Fahad Joy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am
Solve.
X = 99 and Y = 100
Because,
x*y% = 99*100% = 99 and y*x% = 100*99% = 99
Use LaTeX.It will make your post more readable.

User avatar
M. M. Fahad Joy
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm
Location: Bhulta, Rupganj, Narayanganj
Contact:

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by M. M. Fahad Joy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:02 pm

samiul_samin wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 pm
M. M. Fahad Joy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am
Solve.
X = 99 and Y = 100
Because,
x*y% = 99*100% = 99 and y*x% = 100*99% = 99
Use LaTeX.It will make your post more readable.

Sorry, my answer was wrong. Can you solve this?
You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.

User avatar
samiul_samin
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by samiul_samin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Solution
$X=99$ & $Y=100$
$X×Y\%=99×100\%=99$ and
$Y×X\%=100×99\%=99$
Last edited by samiul_samin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
M. M. Fahad Joy
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 pm
Location: Bhulta, Rupganj, Narayanganj
Contact:

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by M. M. Fahad Joy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:23 am

samiul_samin wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 pm
Solution
$X=99$ & $Y=99$
$X×Y\%=99×100\%=99$ and
$Y×X\%=100×99\%=99$
Sorry, you are wrong.
You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.

User avatar
samiul_samin
Posts: 1007
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Divisional Math Olympiad, Dhaka-2016,primary, ques. 7

Unread post by samiul_samin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm

M. M. Fahad Joy wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:23 am
samiul_samin wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:31 pm
Solution
$X=99$ & $Y=99$
$X×Y\%=99×100\%=99$ and
$Y×X\%=100×99\%=99$
Sorry, you are wrong.
It was a typing mistake.I have already fixed that.

Post Reply