Bangladesh TST

Let's have some fun! If you love to discuss random topics, this is your place!
noobra
Posts:3
Joined:Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:11 pm
Bangladesh TST

Unread post by noobra » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am

Where can I get questions of TST for IMO Bangladesh Team? Are they posted or kept secret?

User avatar
Anindya Biswas
Posts:264
Joined:Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 pm
Location:Magura, Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Bangladesh TST

Unread post by Anindya Biswas » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:00 pm

noobra wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am
Where can I get questions of TST for IMO Bangladesh Team? Are they posted or kept secret?
Almost all of those problems are from IMO Shortlist 2020.
"If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is."
John von Neumann

noobra
Posts:3
Joined:Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Re: Bangladesh TST

Unread post by noobra » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:18 pm

Anindya Biswas wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:00 pm
noobra wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am
Where can I get questions of TST for IMO Bangladesh Team? Are they posted or kept secret?
Almost all of those problems are from IMO Shortlist 2020.
But wasn't the 2020 IMO shortlist revealed a few weeks ago? As of my knowledge, the TST was before that. Then how come the TST contain IMO shortlist 2020 problems? And it would be helpful if I could get the TST problems altogether. Can you provide a link or something?

User avatar
Anindya Biswas
Posts:264
Joined:Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 pm
Location:Magura, Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Bangladesh TST

Unread post by Anindya Biswas » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:45 pm

noobra wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:18 pm
Anindya Biswas wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:00 pm
noobra wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am
Where can I get questions of TST for IMO Bangladesh Team? Are they posted or kept secret?
Almost all of those problems are from IMO Shortlist 2020.
But wasn't the 2020 IMO shortlist revealed a few weeks ago? As of my knowledge, the TST was before that. Then how come the TST contain IMO shortlist 2020 problems? And it would be helpful if I could get the TST problems altogether. Can you provide a link or something?
You will find all IMO problems and shortlist in this link : IMO Problems. Since many countries like ours takes their TST exam from previous year's shortlist, IMO committee keeps that document confidential until next year. Only the coach or equivalent authority from each country, and their TST participants can get them before that. If a country fails to keep this document confidential, that country might get a ban for 1 or more years.
"If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is."
John von Neumann

Post Reply